Field of Science

I'm an Intellectual Blogger

The Evilutionary Biologist (aka John Dennehy) has tagged me with an Intellectual Blogger Award. Given my serious lack of posting lately, I'm not sure that I deserve it...but thanks!

The award traces to An Unquiet Mind where the stated rules are:
This award is intended for those bloggers who demonstrate an inclination to think on their own. This is what I think is needed in today’s blogosphere. The term ‘Intellectual’ has often been derided in recent times, and this is one way to resurrect the true meaning: “An intellectual is one who tries to use his or her intellect to work, study, reflect, speculate on, or ask and answer questions with regard to a variety of different ideas.” The rules are:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with nominations for 5 blogs that you think are of “Intellectual Bloggers”.
2. Optional: Link to this page so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Intellectual Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
I hereby nominate:
  1. Tree of Life (Jonathan Eisen; even though he doesn't like these memes)
  2. Aetiology (Tara Smith)
  3. Twisted Bacteria (Cesar Sanchez)
  4. Small Things Considered (Elio)
  5. Evolgen (RPM)
and one that I was suprised to find has apparently not yet been included:

4 comments:

  1. Given my serious lack of posting lately, I'm not sure that I deserve it...

    Summer is over, eh?

    I was going to mention Larry, but I mention him for something like every other damn post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry I didn't notice your post, haven't been very active on the internet lately. Thanks for the nomination, John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You indeed look like one of those inttellectual types...if you don't mind me saying.

    ReplyDelete

Markup Key:
- <b>bold</b> = bold
- <i>italic</i> = italic
- <a href="http://www.fieldofscience.com/">FoS</a> = FoS