Field of Science

Sexy Fungi

I just found out that ASM Press has recently published a new book entitled "Sex in Fungi: Molecular Determination and Evolutionary Implications", (Editors: J. Heitman, J.W. Kronstad, J.W. Taylor, & L. A. Casselton; ISBN: 978-1-55581-421-2). My Department colleague, David Soll, who wrote a chapter on mating type switching in Candida, let me borrow his copy for the weekend. It looks really great.

The release of this book is good timing for me, too. I have a recently-funded project in my lab to study the evolution of sex and meiosis in diverse fungi. A postdoctoral position is available in my lab immediately to work on this project. Send me an email if you are interested in hearing more.

1 comment:

Markup Key:
- <b>bold</b> = bold
- <i>italic</i> = italic
- <a href="http://www.fieldofscience.com/">FoS</a> = FoS